As in many developed countries of the world, women in our country have always been active in socio-political and social activities. After the independence of our republic, the role of women in society has increased and their activities have expanded. National Leader Heydar Aliyev attached importance to the representation of women in state-building taking the role of women in society into account. Today as a result of this policy, our active women are recognized not only within the borders of our Republic but also beyond the borders and decently represent our country in international organizations. Naming Mehriban Aliyeva, the President of Heydar Aliyev Foundation, the First Lady of our country “the Goodwill Ambassador of UNESCO and ISESCO” is an obvious example to the activity of such women.
As a consequence of the President Ilham Aliyev's policy of protection of women’s rights, Women's Council has started to function in leading offices and organizations in the country.
Women's Council has been established at Baku Engineering University since 2017. The purpose of the Council is to help and care for female students studying at the University, as well as professors and working women working here in solving their work, labor and social issues, and to raise issues related to existing problems before the relevant authorities.
Main tasks of the organization:
1. To raise issues with the Scientific Council to study the problems of female teachers and staff and to make relevant decisions, and to submit a petition to the management of the institution;
2. Close participation in the organization of events at the university and national levels, historical events and significant holidays, debates, discussions, meetings on various topical issues;
3. Ensuring the protection of the rights of female teachers, staff and female students;
4. Effective organization of leisure time activities of female teachers and staff;
5. Delivery of information on events in the socio-political, social, economic and cultural life of the Republic;
6. Organization of events in order to strengthen the work of educating students in the spirit of patriotism;
7. Conducting motivational seminars for the female staff of the University, organizing relevant projects for further improvement of female teachers in their specialties.
8. Identifing and supporting Specially gifted female students to improve their abilities;
9. Organization of meetings with women who have gained prestige in all spheres of social activity in the republic, etc.
Head of BEU Women's Council
The Council is headed by Atraba Bayramgizi Gul, Head of the Department of Foreign Languages at Baku Engineering University, Doctor of Philosophy in Philology, Associate Professor.
Activities of Women's Council at BEU
Since its establishment, the Council has defined an annual action plan and has been directly involved in organizing several events at the University in accordance with this plan. The Council has continually held charity events. The Council has organized commemorative events on the 95th anniversary of the prominent ophthalmologist and academician Zarifa Aliyeva and 110th anniversary of the famous writer and professor Mir Jalal Pashayev and other important events. Council members participated in a number of seminars organized at the university as speakers and participants, and were closely involved in women's issues within the women's organizations of the republic. During the significant holidays, they visited nursing homes, as well as orphanages where children deprived of parental care, and were provided with food, clothing and other supplies. The Women's Council of the University currently continues its function and plannes a number of activities in the near future.