DOUBLE DIPLOMA PROGRAM
Baku Engineering University (BEU) and Inha University (Republic of Korea)
Title: Director, Double Diploma Program
About the Program
The Double Diploma Program (DDP) has been established between Baku Engineering University (BEU) and Inha University (Republic of Korea) in the field of engineering at bachelor’s level within “State Program for increasing international competitiveness of the higher education system of the Republic of Azerbaijan in 2019-2023” approved by the Order 711 of the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan of November 16, 2018.
The program aims to train a new generation of highly qualified professionals in the field of engineering in Azerbaijan and modernize the content and quality indicators of Azerbaijani higher education system with international double diploma program by taking advantage of the cutting-edge scientific achievements and innovative teaching technologies.
At the end of the DDP, the participants receive two diplomas from both Universities.
The Director, Double Diploma Program provides leadership and coordination for the development, administration, and budget of the DDP. The Director ensures that the DDP is administered in accord with standards established by the Universities, creates systems to track and document that program guidelines are being met.
The Director will be employed by Baku Engineering University. BEU was established on November 8, 2016 by the order of the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan in order to improve the teaching of engineering technologies in the Republic of Azerbaijan and the prepare highly qualified personnel in this field.
• Provide leadership and oversight for the administration of the DDP in accord with standards established by Universities;
• Oversee the operation, quality assurance and management of the program, and liaising with the program administrative team;
• Ensure that the policies of the Universities on program management and student support are implemented;
• Ensure program operations and activities adhere to legal guidelines and internal policies;
• Coordinate compilation and submission of documentation for purposes of internal quality assurance and enhancement, e.g. annual monitoring and review and learning and teaching review;
• Suggest and help create marketing initiatives to increase awareness of the program;
• Manage the daily operations that support and implement the program objectives;
• Keep university management and/or project team (SPPIU) informed with detailed and accurate reports or presentations;
• Devise evaluation strategies to monitor performance and determine the need for improvements;
• Monitor the overall process of student admissions and graduation;
• Coordinate faculty recruitment process within the DDP;
• Ensure students receive appropriate induction and review student attendance and performance during the course of the academic year;
• Report to the Steering Committee on issues specific to the program;
• Perform all other relevant duties as assigned.
• University degree in management, education or a related field is required;
• At least 3 years of work experience in higher education environment, preferred in program development, project management, and teaching or administrative responsibilities;
• Exceptional communication (both oral and written) skills. Fluency in Azerbaijani, English and Korean;
• Excellent managerial, decision-making skills, organizational and time-management skills;
• A high level of technology proficiency including student information systems;
• The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
Interested candidates are requested to submit, preferably in Word or PDF format, attached to an e-mail message: (1) a letter of interest specifying suitability for the position, when available and minimum expected salary (in AZN), (2) an updated resume and (3) the names, email and business addresses of at least 3 references.
Send materials via e-mail to [email protected] specifying the Job Title in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The cut-off date for application is 25 October 2020 until 23.59. BEU offers a competitive remuneration package and attractive conditions of employment of high standard. For more information about the State Program and DDP, please visit www.dp.edu.az and www.beu.edu.az.