Vice Rectorate for International Relations is purposefully working towards the formation of the international image of the university and its international reputation. Our mission is to study and disseminate sustainable ways of university staff by exploring academic and administrative mobility opportunities, to ensure participation of the university as a leader and partner in international programs and projects, to develop international relations, to become an exemplary university in the international arena by creating international cooperation opportunities in the fields of training staff in accordance with international standards, methodological resources and scientific works.
International Relations and Project Management Office is within the vice-rectorate responsible for organizing local and various international conferences, seminars, meetings and other public-cultural events with the purpose of establishing continuous renewal cooperation forms, preparing projects on actual issues and increasing their activity in such projects. The department deals with the issues such as project management, international cooperation, foreign student admissions, and migration.
International relations of Baku Engineering University are developed as follows:
Following the above-mentioned, the university cooperates with European and Turkish universities through various exchange programs, supports exchange of teachers and students by establishing bilateral cooperation agreements with various universities around the world, organization of workshops, conferences and academic meetings among enterprises, as well as short-term academic programs, conduction of researches, and the exchange of scientific and didactic materials, and at the same time information sources. research, scientific and didactic materials, and at the same time exchange of information sources.
It should be noted that bilateral cooperation agreements have been signed with more than 10 universities from China, France, Finland, Poland, Romania, Turkey and Croatia.
At the same time, university cooperates with 18 universities from Germany, England, Italy, Czech Republic, Portugal, Romania, Poland, Turkey, Slovenia and Latvia and with 5 universities of Turkey within the framework of Erasmus + KA1 program, and Mevlana exchange program, accordingly.
The university is involved in 5 projects of Erasmus K-1 program that aim development and improvement infrastructure, as well as staff training.
1. Coordinator of the project covering 2016-2019 "Promoting Migration Studies in Higher Education Institutions" (PROMIG) is Tbilisi State University (Georgia). Purpose of the project is to promote migration in higher education institutions as a continuation of the previous UNIMIG project. In this context, trainings in the partner higher education institutions, as well as 2 day-training have been held at BEU in the presentation of the delegation from Graz University of Austria.
On July 1-7, 2018, a one-week "Summer School" was organized in Tbilisi, Georgia within the framework of same project. 3 employees and 2 students of master’s degree of BEU participated in this event.
Within the framework of the project, an employee of BEU participated as a speaker on the "Winter School" event organized in India from 17 to 23 December 2018. At the same event, a discussion was held on the accreditation of the Master's program for Tabesh University of Afghanistan and then a report was presented about the curriculum developed at Kabul University on the migration specialty.
It should be noted that many events are planned to be held within the framework of the project in 2019 and the project management team of BEU is continuing its work.
2. Coordinator of the project covering 2016-2019 “Paving the way to interregional mobility and ensuring relevance, quality and equity of access, PAWER” is Università degli Studi dell'Aquiladır (Italy). Project aims to build and improve the ECTS credit system among partner universities to provide students with interregional mobility. Employees of our university participated in the trainings on Bologna Assessment System, which has been implemented in Mongolia (Ulan Bator) (Middlesex University), Hungary (Szeged University) and Poland (Vroklav Environmental and Life University) in the second quarter of 2017, international quality and recognition of programs, transfer and recruitment system, ECTS assessment system, credit per hour, mobility agreements, support for students, support for mobility policies and documentation, exchange of employees and students, and trainings on "Recognition of Credit Transfer and Valuation System".
A number of events were held within the project and BEU staff actively participated in these events.
Project presentation and meetings were organized in Warsaw, Poland (February 27-28, 2017) in Ulan Bator, Mongolia (26-27 September, 2017), in London, England “Training in Europe” (November-December, 2017), in Almaty,Kazakhistan (May 16-17, 2018) and in Dushanbe, Tajikistan (October 11-12 2018. It should be noted that, a number of events are planned to be held within the framework of the project and BEU project management team is continuing its work.
3. "Reconstruction and development of doctoral programs in Azerbaijan in accordance with European Higher Education Institutions". (Erasmus + KA2), participant of projects such as the European Higher Education Area (NIZAMI). Coordinator of this project is University of Montpellier (France). The purpose of the project is reforming the doctoral education system in Azerbaijan in line with the European Higher Education and the Bologna system. The main objective of the NİZAMI project, which is attended by the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Azerbaijan, the National Academy of Sciences of Azerbaijan, nine higher education institutions of Azerbaijan, as well as five leading European universities is to revisit the rules of organization of doctoral education in Azerbaijan, achieve of quality and internationalization at this level of education, determine national standards and establish a national portal connecting educational institutions that conduct doctoral education across the country. In this regard, the initial version of the "Scientific Leadership Agreement", which is envisaged in the relevant work plan of the NIZAMI project, has been prepared with the participation of BEU staff. Document defining the rights and duties of a scientific supervisor and doctorate who have not been present at the university has been prepared and recommended by the Ministry of Education to all higher education institutions of Azerbaijan on 05.06.2018. This can be regarded as a successful outcome of the project.
It should be noted that many events are planned to be held within the framework of the project in 2019 and the project management team of BEU is continuing its work. Additionally, BEU has been involved in the implementation of the 6th Quality Plan Work Package with the Heidelberg University of Germany.
BEU had the right to participate as a partner in the two Erasmus + KA2 projects listed below
4. Erasmus + KA2 project "CRENG - Crisis and Risks Engineering for Transport Services".
Winner / Coordinator: Warsaw Polytechnic University (Poland)
Project duration: 3 years (2018-2021)
5. Erasmus + KA2 project, "MAGNUS - Developing Master’s Programs of Mobile Applications and Game Design at Partner Universities."
Grant Winner / Coordinator: Linkopings University (Sweden)
Project duration: 3 years (2018-2021)
New projects will begin to be implemented in 2019 and will provide more detailed reporting information. At present, according to the content of each project, a project working group has been established at the university, with each project manager contacting and discussing the next steps.
BEU also tries to actively participate in the EU's HORIZON 2020 program.
BMU also participates as a partner in the Newcastle-CAERC project of the British Council's Creative Spark: Enterprise Education Program.
Currently, 95 students from 17 countries are studying at Baku Engineering University. These countries are Russia, Chad, China, Georgia, Iran, Iraq, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan, Afghanistan, Turkey, Tajikistan, Egypt, Moldova, Myanmar, Peru and Ukraine. Foreign students are mostly interested in International Relations, Business Administration, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, English Language and Literature, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Finance, Mathematics, Mathematics and Informatics.
At BMU, currently teaching English in 18 specialties increases the interest of the university faculty and students to the university.
Information on admission requirements on the University website, information on legalization of residence in the country and legalization of life in the country, information on possible educational opportunities and levels, information on responsible persons, non-education information, interested in foreign students Relevant information is provided in foreign languages: http://iro.beu.edu.az/. There is an active page on Facebook social networking page, similar to the BMU Pro-Rector's Pro-rector's page. (International Relations and Project Management Office of BEU)
In addition, the answer section has been placed as "Frequently Asked Questions" for questions about foreign students and students wishing to study abroad. http://iro.beu.edu.az/en/page/Frequently-asked-questions-903394.html
Baku Engineering University (hereinafter referred to as BMU) is a participant of international projects and exchange programs such as Eramus +, Mevlana, as well as teacher-student exchange, joint scientific research and library exchange within the framework of the "Bilateral Cooperation Agreement". performs such activities.
Since February, BMU has been cooperating with 17 universities in Germany, Italy, Portugal, Slovenia, Romania, Latvia, Turkey and the Czech Republic within the Erasmus + KA1 exchange program.
During this period, Baku Engineering University signed a cooperation agreement with 5 universities of the Republic of Turkey under the Mevlana Exchange Program.
In addition, BEU cooperates with 11 European and 4 local higher education institutions only through the "Bilateral Cooperation Agreement".
The University is currently implementing a "double diploma" program at the Master's degree in "Chemical Engineering" with the Braganza Polytechnic Institute of Portugal under the Erasmus + program.
Through these exchange programs, the number of students enrolled abroad for the last 4 semesters is 30 people.
Over a short period of time the university was established, more than 40 university staff were participants of a teaching and learning program at a foreign university through different projects and programs.
In addition, our department supports the students and teachers who apply to Chevening programs supported by the US Government program such as Fulbright and UGRAD. Last year, a group of teachers and students from the Department of Finance at the German DAAD program won the Summer School project. He is a fellow of the Faculty of Engineering at the University and has a right to study in a doctoral degree program.
The University maintains close cooperation with the British Council, as a result of which it is hosting the Famelab race on Azerbaijan.